John Cooper Quennell OB
Commemorative plaque in School House
Who remembers this marble plaque on the wall in the ground floor of School House and why does it exist?
From The Brentwoodian, June 1909, p. 2: "Our chairman, Mr Evelyn Heseltine, besides his other generous gifts to the School, is presenting it with a handsome Sanatorium in memory of Dr Quennell. It is being built upon the ground lately given by the same donor, as a continuation of that wing of the School House which contains the Dining Hall and Lower Dormitory. Besides a sick ward and bath-room it will contain a nurse's day and night room, and a convalescent's sitting room. The exterior of light-coloured brick and stone matches the rest of the east wing."
Dr John Quennell, OB, was Head of School in 1852 and 1853, then President of the Society of Old Brentwoods in 1909.